Chinese child who hacked Facebook: the true story

News Plus

It was reported on Monday that a Chinese child named Sun Ji Su hacked Facebook and disrupted WhatsApp and Instagram.

It was claimed by the news traders that Reuters had reported it, giving it credibility that would enable it to spread on social networking sites.

A picture of the 13-year-old child who hacked Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp servers on Monday was circulated along with the news.

It is true that the Reuters news agency did not mention the child, either near or far, in relation to Monday’s Facebook incident.

As you can see from the image of the child circulated in the news, it appears for the first time in 2014 when you use the Google reverse image search feature.

The image circulated is indeed of a Chinese hacker named Wang Zhengyang, who was 12 years old seven years ago.

It was then in 2014 that Wang hacked into the school’s electronic system, which he said he only did to make the system more secure.

The Chinese child told the cyber security team that he had accessed higher grade transcripts at the time.

As a result of Wang’s appearance at a cyber security conference in China in September 2014, he became the youngest hacker in the nation.

Wang graduated from Tsinghua High School in 2017 and moved to California to study at a university.

According to Facebook, the failure of its services was not the result of cyberattacks.

An incorrect change to Facebook’s main routers and applications caused the glitch, which prevented 3.5 billion users from accessing the company’s services.

Between the company’s main data centers, these routers control the flow of Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram users.

According to a company statement, these incorrect settings cut off the connection between the servers that provide these services and their users.

According to several Facebook employees, who declined to be named, the malfunction was caused by an internal glitch in the way users flow through its system.

In addition, the problem was made worse by a defect in internal communication systems and other resources reliant on the same network.

According to the New York Times, Facebook engineers were able to access the servers in their data center in Santa Clara, California, and reset the settings to fix the problem after they gained access.

Millions of WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram users have been unable to access their services since Monday at 15:39 pm GMT.

According to the Down Detector group that monitors Internet services, this failure paralyzed site services for six hours.

Facebook has been hit twice in recent days, after a former employee revealed the company prioritizes profits over fighting misinformation and addressing hate speech.

Facebook shares dropped by 5 percent, the largest daily decline since last November, as users switched to competitors like Twitter, Snapchat, and TikTok.

Following a massive sale of shares of the giant company, Facebook shares returned, rising by 0.5 percent.

According to Bloomberg Financial Network, Zuckerberg’s fortune plunged by about $7 billion after this outage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous Post

Hotspots differ from routers. What’s the difference?

Related Posts